Monday, October 26, 2015

The Definition Of Success

We just had a staff meeting and then I have to run and tutor here in a minute, but then I'm coming back to the school before karate, so I will have something more substantive to say. But in the meantime, I just wanted to let you all know what is on the kids' homework docket for tonight.
  • Spelling Definitions: Parents, if you get the chance please make sure you look at the definitions the kids write down. I am going to mark any that either don't give any meaning at all or seem really incomplete, and they will have to do them over. Unfortunately, I've had way too many kids come to me on Friday saying they still don't know what the words mean. Also, when you are quizzing your kids on the words' spellings, make sure you are checking whether they can tell you what they mean.The kids were complaining today about having to write the definitions. I told them that they only have ten spelling words, and that it was not too much to ask.
  • Read for 20 minutes
  • My Math class has a Study Link tonight.

No comments: