Sunday, October 18, 2015

Big Heroes


Amid the rest of the nuttiness that was last Thursday (one student actually said, "This day makes no sense!"), we were able to watch the movie Big Hero 6. Even though the grand majority of the students have seen this before, they didn't seem to mind watching it again. There's something about watching a movie in school that makes it a little bit better.

I would like to apologize for not putting any comments on the kids' report cards. Each year, at least once, I like to send home hand-written comments. I had planned to finish up the comments during the showing of this movie on Thursday and have them ready to go home that day, but as I told the kids, I became a little bit too absorbed in this film to get the job done. I will have to give the kids their envelopes on Tuesday, so be on the lookout for them that day! Don't listen if your child tells you they did not receive one.

But I digress; the reason for this movie party was to reward the kids for their behavior during the first quarter. The quicker they can fill up the water bottle with shapes (have them explain it; it actually makes sense), the quicker they get a movie.

Well done, boys and girls!

No comments: