Monday, October 19, 2015

Hot Diggety


The pungent odor of ketchup and mustard filled the playground air on Thursday afternoon when Mrs. Davis and Mr. Hunter made themselves into human hot dogs. It was an interesting day at Woodbrook, and I think it's safe to say that this was an unprecedented day in school history.

This was the result of the entire school receiving enough golden tickets (no thanks to me, admittedly) to achieve this award. You have to give it up to our principal and assistant principal; they are a couple of really good sports. They are much better sports than I would be.

Sure, I will subject myself to the ice-cold temperatures of the dunk tank a couple weeks ago. That said, however, I would not put myself up to the likelihood that I would vomit at the behest of my ketchup-triggered gag-reflex. I thank my lucky stars that they didn't ask for staff members to be hot dogs.

Now you know why one of my students said--as I said a couple posts back--that, "This day makes no sense." No, it didn't. But no one will ever take last Thursday away from us.

No comments: