Thursday, May 4, 2017

Rainy Day Drama

Today we studied more with line plots in math. We learned about outliers in them, and how they can give a false reading when you're trying to find the average of a group of numbers.

After specials, we read more of the Titanic book. I really want to finish it because I can't wait to see what happens next to the Flashback Four. I mean, the ship already went down, no surprises there, but this time travel story is actually pretty good.

We practiced radio dramas, finished one radio drama performance, then started another. We didn't make it all the way through that one, but at the time of this writing, I'm not sure whether we are going to finish it this afternoon or have our Daily 5 time instead, and pick back up tomorrow.

By the way, thank you so much for the wave of supplies that came in today. I got just what we needed--clipboards, tissues, tape, and binder clips! Plus more than that even. I love teacher appreciation week--it almost makes me feel guilty to be this lucky.

More to come. For now, it's almost time to get these kids down to lunch. Those mini corn dogs aren't going to eat themselves.

No comments: