Monday, May 22, 2017

Full Circle

Friday was a very special day in 5-1, because not only did we receive a visit from my mom and dad, but later in the afternoon, we were visited by Michael Pitz. Michael is a very-soon-to-be Carmel High School graduate. He has spent the last year as the student body president, a member of the basketball team, a bass player for the orchestra, and pretty much just a man of the people.

Honestly, I was surprised that he was able to come. I have always thought that he belongs to the people now, but luckily for us, we are some of his people. Michael is the founder of the Circle of Manhood, which he spoke to the class about. Michael and his family have come to mean quite a bit to me in the past ten years or so, and I was really glad to have had the chance to share him with the class, and the class with him.

He is off to IU next year (well, I tried, at least), and we are all thankful that he was able to stop in on Friday before we went home. I'm sure you helped inspire some of these kids, Michael. Keep on doing what you do at IU and it will be a better place for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*co founder ;)

Anonymous said...

What a special young man! I'm proud to say I was his second grade teacher😉
Mrs. Bartlett

Jeff said...

:) Isn't it cool how much he has grown up?

And Nick, yes, co-founder. You should have signed your name on it like he did, though!