Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Search For Delayed Gratification

The kids were real troopers as we started off the day in the heat of no air conditioning. Some of them even liked it better that way (I think they're crazy!). Luckily, though, this situation was fixed pronto, and we were able to go on with our day.

I really praised the kids this morning on how well they were working together on their Daily 5. Instead of just having pockets of kids working solo, they were truly working as teams. This was our first true day of Daily 5, and it went smoother than I think I've ever seen out of any class. I was seriously impressed. They didn't get too noisy, and they just worked incredibly harmoniously. As I told them, if the entire day had gone like that, it would have been a golden day. It did get more noisy than that during Social Studies and after Math, though, so we are still striving for a "big triangle" day (they will know what that means). In the meantime, I will take these days. They are some pretty good ones.

Tomorrow is the Social Studies quiz over the states and capitals. It is also the Spelling Test, and for my Math class (as well as Mr. Vahle's...), we will have a test tomorrow.

Sorry for the late post! Lots of work to be done. I'm off to teach some punching and kicking now.

No comments: