Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Changers of Tomorrow

Sorry for the late post tonight, but I did want to share a few things we've been doing in class recently.

First of all, the kids have enjoyed starting off our first science unit. As I mentioned, we've been studying the human skeleton as it relates to robotics. We've started off with an experiment from NASA's Design Squad project, which is set up for school children to try some things out as designers and engineers for a lunar project. The first one we are working on is a lunar lander, that has to land without the astronauts falling out of it. I'm hoping our time in the Maker Space tomorrow will help the kids expand on some of their ideas.

Here are some pictures of the kids working on this today:





As you know, we have been also been studying our Latin roots and our states and capitals ongoing. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can give out the next states and capitals list, and I'm also planning to give out the next region of the United States tomorrow for next week's quiz. I think next week I'm going to be giving a quiz over not only the states and capitals, but I will also give the quiz over the Caesar's English list.

Also this week, I am starting reading groups in earnest. This will be almost entirely done in class, but occasionally I will give some at-home reading for these as well.

That's all for today, now that it's almost tomorrow.

No comments: