Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pioneers and Engineers

For this week, I am looking forward to starting our first Science unit. This one is a little bit funky, but it's about the human skeletal system and how that relates to the Mars Rover. I pull some really cool lesson plans from NASA's education websites to tie this in. I'm hoping that the kids' experiences in the Maker Space will help the kids think of some ideas for our moon landscape mini-experiments. I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, I never got to have a science unit on robot skeletons. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are.

Don't forget, the kids' Winter Count projects are due on Tuesday. In related Social Studies news, the States and Capital quiz is this Wednesday. They will also receive their next region that day.

We return to a normal spelling schedule this week also.

I think at this point I've just about exhausted all the news I have. I'm sure by this time tomorrow, I will have more. I hope your kids are coming home excited about what they're learning in class. Each day, I feel like I don't have enough time to pack in everything I want to teach them. That's honestly a really good feeling.

As always, please email me if you have any questions.

No comments: