Monday, September 15, 2014

Synecdoche

Oh, man. First off, I want to apologize that the Spelling List says "spendor". That isn't a word. The word I was going for is "splendor". And I copied and pasted directly from my blog to make the official spelling list, which is wrong. Thank you to Mrs. Vossler for asking me about that earlier--otherwise, I would have had some very confused students all week long. Corrected spelling lists will go out tomorrow.

Second of all, I want to tell members of my Math class that I did not want to imply that they were not allowed to do the Everyday Math method, lattice multiplication, to do their multiplication problems on their homework. They absolutely can, so long as they get it right and draw their boxes and lines well. That way they won't get things confused.



I did, however, model my problems in the "old-timey" way--the way the kids' parents and I learned way back when...



Lastly, I want to tell everyone that I am working on getting my web page on the Carmel Clay site to show up. I had no idea that everyone got a blank when they clicked on it until today. I get the feeling that the lack up updating just pitched me right out of the system. What a pain. I have gone through the proper channels and so I hope to get some answers soon.

Hope everyone had a great start to your week.

No comments: