Monday, September 29, 2014

License To Thrill


Attention, everyone! Thank you to Miss Maddi, who told me today that the fifth book of The Genius Files has been solicited for January 2015. Thanks to Amazon Prime, I have already pre-ordered the book to be shipped directly to Woodbrook as soon as it comes out.

The best part of all: This is the not only the fifth book, but it is also the final book of the series. This means that after five long years (with each class getting one more book than the previous one), the saga will come to a conclusion. This current class will be the first one to hear the entire thing.

Honestly, I'm not sure I have been this excited for a book to come out since the final Harry Potter installment. I realized last year that the reason I love reading these books out loud (indeed, any book by Dan Gutman) is that it's just like comfort food. Gutman writes in a cadence that is easy to read out loud.

You know what? I should have the kids write letters to Mr. Gutman. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could convince him to come visit us in 5-1? He's a big-shot writer, but maybe we can convince him to come. (Or maybe a video chat?)

3 comments:

germansquid 2013 class said...

I wish you could read this to us

Jeff said...

I wish so badly that I could call all of my classes back who have heard the first few books so that I could read it to you all.

Anonymous said...

me to

Evil Grant