Thursday, September 11, 2014

Stars and Stripes Forever

Only seconds ago I handed out the letters for stage crew. Everyone was so anxious. I told them that statistically it was far more likely that they didn't make it, but it's not always easy to reason with a fifth grader, as I'm sure you all know.

Math homework for sixth grade math class: Study Link 2.4, but I told them not to worry about doing problem #9. I don't want any break-downs happening at any dinner tables over that problem.

Other homework tonight:
  • STUDY for your Spelling test!
  • READ for 20 minutes!
  • TOMORROW is Blue & Gold Day to cheer on the Greyhounds!
With all the stage crew excitement at the end of the day, I was unable to snap a picture of your star-spangled children, but just know that we had one of the most spirited classes in all our old glory today.

We have (another) staff meeting right now, but later on I will try to tell you a little bit about our ill-fated remembrance of 9/11 today.  At least our hearts were in the right place!

No comments: