Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Phantom Zero

My Math class has a practice test tonight. The first two pages are due tomorrow. We will then go over those two pages together, answer any questions, and then move on to the third and fourth pages. Test is on Friday, but they will have the opportunity to ask any questions before then.

I also introduced my math class to the idea of the "phantom zeroes" that are always in place if you need them. For instance, in a problem like 24/1000, you would need to use a phantom zero if you move the decimal over three times, making the answer .024. I'm not really sure I'm making sense now. Have your child demonstrate for you what I'm talking about. 

Only homework for my homeroom tonight is reading for 20 minutes. It might not be a bad idea to knock out an extra 20 just in case they run into a snag tomorrow night. 

Any parents interested in going with us to Jameson Camp on Wednesday, September 24? You are more than welcome! Let me know!

Stage crew sign-up goes until Friday.

No comments: