Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You See, He Had Other Plans

Mr. Z just came in to let us know that tomorrow there is now a 70% chance of rain. Yikes. Well, the good news is that I made schedules for both rain or shine, so there we go. I told the kids, just wear blue tomorrow no matter what, and they'll be in good shape. Lunch is normal tomorrow, so they don't necessarily need to bring a sack lunch. They can eat the school's hot lunch (hot dogs! woot!) or the other choices available to them (including, ugh, yogurt...).

What a fantastic job our choir members, stage crew, and percussion pounders did this afternoon at the choir show. It was superb. I was extra-happy because we were paid a visit by former Mr. Carter student Luke Bossung, who is now a senior at CHS. He sang a very soulful song for the crowd and I'm sure brought tears to many eyes. He came back to my classroom and marveled at how much it had "shrunken". After he had left, Ethan asked me, "So you like it when your former students come back and visit you?" My answer was an adamant and incredulous yes. As we wind down this school year, I hope all the kids realize this to be fact.

No comments: