Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Either That or It Falls Apart

Well, Barton is now with the Pippens and Ripken is now home with me. The Pippens have taken Barton into their home for the last...well, since George was in my class, so, what, four summers? Wow. As we exited the school building, Ripken was looking around as if to say, "What the HECK is going on here!?" To think he hasn't really moved (well, at least not too far) since last August right before school started.

He seems to be settling in nicely, or at least the crickets are, as I can hear them chirping.

Note to Ethan and Nick: Have your folks call, text, or e-mail me if you still want Ripken this summer. If not, he's good here, but I know I promised him to you. Sorry, I just had to get him out of the classroom today, otherwise who knows what would have happened to him.

I filled up four giant trash cans with junk today. It was pretty bad. And I could probably fill four more if I had another day, but for right now, I don't. Maybe right before school starts. Mr. Hunter walked in and said, "Wow, you really went to town."

Tomorrow I'm going to take all that change to the bank, finally, and have them make out a check to the American Cancer Society. Right now it's weighing the back of my car down. I thought I was about to get another hernia lifting it into the Jeep. And wouldn't you know, the only banks that will take that much change were closing as I was on my way home.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!

12 comments:

Griffin Gonzalez said...

Mr.Carter
Dont you think it would be fun to get everyone to go to the movie the green hornet with whoever wants to go in our class and then we could get pizza at cool river or little ceasers.

griffin Gonzalez said...

im sorry not green hornet I mean the green lantern

Jeff said...

I was going to say, I saw Green Hornet and it was horrible.

But yeah, I'd be all over Green Lantern.

Jeff said...

(But I wouldn't be all over Little Sneezer's, FYI.)

SGT.Pepper said...

Did you find my gift on Bartons food?

Jeff said...

I did, Gary. The AAA sticker? With your name and phone number on it?

Jeff said...

Thanks, it's on my clipboard.

Classroom Stalker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Classroom Stalker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
classroom stalker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff said...

Anonymous messages get deleted. I've said it many times.

Drew said...

He warned you!

P.S. if you see another anonymous, it might be my sister, Emily.