Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Morganville


I spotted this guy tonight while I was picking up my White Water Dunk at Cool River. He wasn't wearing a tie, but he did look really busy, so that would have been awfully uncomfortable.

Speaking of Cool River Pizza, though, we are having our pizza party tomorrow (Thursday). If you are free tomorrow at about 12:00, and you are able swing by up there and pick up our pizzas and bring them to us, it would be greatly appreciated. You can even have some pizza with us. Please don't let your own children starve. (Depending on whether your child was good tonight or not, I'm either tugging your heartstrings or tempting you...)

***************************************************************

Sorry, but I'm going to get a little self-indulgent here for a minute. I received a really nice, unintentional compliment from one of the kids today. I handed the kids their final DOL. It was a story about Ben, the sixth grade son, taking a bike ride around the neighborhood at sunset and finally returning home. One of them said, "This is a sad DOL."

"Sad?" I asked. "How is it sad?"

He said, "He'll never see those people and places again."

"Yes he will," I replied, "he lives there."

He answered, "Yeah, but we don't."

7 comments:

Drew said...

first of all, that is one wierd smile, second, I was right next to Gary (on the right)when you took that picture.

Drew said...

My Dad got the MEAT GRINDER.

Jeff said...

YEAH. I got the White Water Dunk without the mushrooms.

And yes, I agree that Gary needs to smile his regular smile when he takes pictures. That looks nothing like Gary.

Kate said...

Nice picuter Srgnt. Pepper, come on lighten up you have a really good smile but you need to show it.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Shearman said that Gary did a very good job that night.

Kate said...

Really? Cool! Who are you by the way? You are supposed to leave your name.

Drew said...

That is my sister, Emily...