Monday, May 30, 2011

Those Golden Words

I wanted to express my appreciation, as well as the students', to Mrs. Ann Block. Ann had sent me an e-mail earlier in the spring about a class whose teacher had told them to write the nicest thing they could think of about each of their classmates. She then took the papers and wrote out each child's list of compliments on separate sheets of paper and handed them out to each child.

Ann thought it would be a good idea to do this with my class, and I agreed.

Originally, I tried to just get them typed up myself, but gave up and took Ann up on her offer to do it. I sent them home with Rachel.

What Ann did was so much cooler than what I was doing anyway. Hopefully you've seen the beautiful, colored lettering on cardstock with your child's name at the top. These things are incredibly well done. They are frame-worthy. In fact, I am framing mine--now I just need to decide where to put them up, at home or at school.

I think those papers really go a long way to show what a tight-knit group the kids became over the school year. They really are a great group--every one of them.

Thanks again, Mrs. Block!

9 comments:

Griffin said...

Every time I read the blog I feel like I'm going to cry

Jeff said...

Dry your eyes and enjoy sleeping in, Griffin! I still have to go to school tomorrow. I'm planning on getting my classroom all cleaned up and junk-free.

Mona said...

This is my home screen never going to change it looking forward to seeing you next year!!!!!

Griffin said...

i miss you mr carter but every time i think about 5-1 i automatically smile

Jeff said...

Me too, Griffin. :) (See?)

Mona said...

Griffin, maybe next year you can ride the bus home with me ( my bus will go to woodbrook) and then you can come with me to see mr.c. Sound like a deal?????

Kate said...

awwww... what about me mona?

Mona said...

You too Kate. You know you can come youre my best friend.

Drew said...

awwww, that is so sweet...