Thursday, May 5, 2011

Old Hat Trick

Tomorrow is a fat test day. The good news is this:
  1. One is a Spelling test. As one child said, it is an easy list to spell, but a little difficult with the definitions.
  2. The big one is a Social Studies test, and it is open-note and open-book and open-white pages. We went over and reviewed today what would be on it, and I feel pretty good that the kids either knew it already, or they have a good idea of what will be on it now.
  3. One is a test that is optional to take either tomorrow OR on Monday, it will have a word bank, and I will also provide a chance for some extra credit.
Tomorrow we will also finish reading The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda. I couldn't stop reading it out loud today because I wanted to see what was going to happen next.

OH, and one thing I wanted to throw in there, just to ease any fears in your kids' hearts and minds...the basic skills test in Math that we worked on for the last couple days... I told them that I couldn't send them to sixth grade no knowing how to subtract, divide, etc. This did not mean that I would be holding anyone back. One kid today thought that was going to happen. No, no, no. I told him that I just wanted to know if they were going to need any instruction on dividing with borrowing, long division, etc. before going on to the middle school. Hope that alleviates any anxiety that was mistakenly tossed out there.

Plus, I give out a hearty review packet to my Math class every year for the summer anyway. So yeah, look forward to that one.

No comments: