Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Life Is Good


Hoo-kay...well, who knew that by the end of the day today, I would have done a touchdown dance with Blue, Mrs. Larson, and Charlie Mock? I felt better by the end, but for a little while there, life was hitting me pretty fast and furious.

First off, I realize that, in all probability, not everyone went home with both their BizTown books as well as their two copies for their final drafts. I know this because two of my most responsible students let me know after school that they didn't have both of them.

I apologize for this, but please understand that between Blue's visit and our end of the day recess as a result, our life back in the classroom was extremely cramped and I didn't get a chance to make sure everyone had everything before they left. Remember back at the beginning of the school year when I told you to let this be a year full of learning experiences? Well, this is the perfect example. I will give everyone a little chance to get caught up tomorrow if need be.


Yesterday, my sister sent me a picture of her "fifth grade selfie" that she took with 5-1. Love this picture!

I hope the end of the day today was more calm than the kids' day during school was. It's not their fault. Between Blue, the program tomorrow, Halloween on Monday, and preparing for BizTown, things are not normal around Area 51. Sometimes weird things happen out here. As I told the kids today, sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and say, "It's all good..."

No comments: