Sunday, October 9, 2016

A Master Educator and an Expert Reader


On Friday, I was very happy to have the chance to receive a visit from an old friend of mine from Camp Tecumseh, Jamie MacDougall. Jamie came in to read to the class. She read a chapter from a book that comes out this Tuesday, but she had an early copy. I didn't bring it home with me, so I don't even remember the author nor the title, but the chapter was very entertaining. (You can see Rohan reading it shortly after above.)


Jamie (in the middle, above--I completely forgot to get a picture of her reading to the kids!) is the Head Master of the middle school at Indianapolis's Sycamore School. She is also the head cross country coach there. She has an enthusiasm for education that is really inspiring. I knew I had to get her into Area 51 at some point during this school year. My only regret is that her visit was so short.

The kids had fun showing her they were reading, and she was really happy and impressed with (most of) their choices.

You're welcome back any time, Mrs. MacDougall! Thank you for making the time to come in.

No comments: