Monday, September 5, 2016

Who You Gonna Call?


One thing that I always mean to share with the parents on Meet the Teacher Night, but always forget, is the Homework Hotline. This is a service from Rose-Hulman; it's totally free, and as you can see above, they have the phone lines open from 7-10pm every Sunday through Thursday.

This is a fantastic resource, and they are familiar with all math curriculum used by public schools in the state of Indiana. As more and more schools have started using Everyday Math, I'm sure they are very familiar with it. If your child (or you!--heh) ever get confounded by problems with math homework or studying for a test, don't get into a rampaging fight. Just pick up the phone and give the HH a call.

I really wish this had been around when I was a kid. I'm sure they would have been on speed dial, and that's when you only had like six entries for your speed dial.

No comments: