Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Road With a Yellow Line Through It

Profoundest apologies for my radio silence since last Wednesday. I was not in school on Thursday, and then Friday I didn't get around to posting (normally I don't until Sunday anyway there).

That's not to say that nothing happened in that time. Not by a long shot!

I got a great report from the substitute, and the kids seemed to have a decent day from reports I heard. They got a lot of work done; that's for sure.

On Friday, we had a math quiz, a Caesar's English quiz, and we did our fair share of science discussion. The kids (as well as I) are hoping to do a cool experiment as a part of the NASA Design Squad (from the awesome teacher tools from PBS's online resources). I will try to post some pictures tomorrow night if this goes according to plan.

We will continue work on our memoirs--and yes, I mean our memoirs. I have been inspired to write my own along with the students. I am excited to see how these turn out.

We will continue to learn about the American Revolution in Social Studies.

As far as grammar goes this week, we will focus on possessive nouns, both singular and plural. We will have a quiz on that next week at some point.

It should be a busy week--we will have spelling this week and either a Study Link or a different math page each night for homework. Don't forget that bookmarks are due on Friday! (This week we came in at fewer than 50% turned in...come on, guys! Read!)

That's all for now. I hope everyone has a great week! It will be over before we know it.

No comments: