Friday, January 6, 2017

Face the Facts

Yeah, remember what I wrote yesterday? Not gonna happen today. I thought I would have some time to get them finished up this morning, but then I had a meeting this morning that I had forgotten. I apologize, but I will definitely have time over the weekend to get them wrapped up, stuffed into envelopes, and home to you on Monday.

This afternoon, I am hoping to finish reading The Genius Files to the kids. You may remember we started reading this on the first day of school, and now we are finally at the end of the fifth and final book of the series.

In Math today, we took a little quiz and then we played a Math game that proved a little too challenging for them (Ringo), which reiterated to me that these kids still need to practice their math facts. Luckily, I found a book full of math fact pages. We are going to start doing those every day starting Monday.

We also took a Caesar's English quiz today, and I feel pretty good about how the kiddos did on that one.

I have to say that I received a disappointingly low number of bookmarks this morning. I have already entered them into the grade book. I told the kids that they can still turn them in on Monday, but they would not receive full credit for them. They have to get this in order before next year as well. I told them I have gone ahead and put those grades in the grade book as well.

The last thing we have to get in order is names on papers! Don't even get me started on that one...

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Talk soon.

No comments: