Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Home For the Holiday


I was very happy yesterday to have an old friend--a former student--back in Area 51 for a little bit as my guest reader. George Pippen is now a student at Wabash College. We had a good time sharing how he used to sit right next to my desk, and also, during a Q&A session, shared some of his greatest injuries on and off the hockey rink.

George was one of those kids that I knew would become some kind of leader one day. I honestly remember telling him on the last day of school that he would be either a teacher or a coach one day, because when he talks, people listen.

I'm glad that this week we had a whole crew of people home from college and eager to come in to read, and I'm really happy that one of the ones who was available was Geo.

No comments: