Thursday, August 11, 2016

New Roles All Around

Well, today we got to our first appointed writing prompt of the school year. It seemed early to me, but the kids didn't complain too much. We have two more--one for tomorrow and then the last one on Monday. Speaking of Monday, it wouldn't be the beginning of the school year without the beginning of the NWEA testing. Those are going to happen at our computer day and our library day, so we have a week before we have to do those, at least.

For another thing, we had our first math class today. The advanced math students from my class are going to Mrs. Boloukos (I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled...), and we bring in a few advanced fourth graders into my class. Today went pretty well. We started our Mathcabulary books today with the rules for divisibility.

We also went to the library today and the kids got to know Mrs. Vahle in a different way than we've known her before--as the librarian! She seems to love this job, and I know for a fact that she is very knowledgeable when it comes to good books.

I hope everyone has had a great Thursday. The weekend is only one day away!

No comments: