Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Gabby

Happy Birthday, Gabby!

I'll bet you thought I forgot your birthday. Nope. Just yesterday I was telling those karate boys that I had your post left to do. It's just that I only got home about five minutes ago. Hey, at least you're getting it technically on your birthday, making this a 100% school year of on-time blog posts!

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was telling the kids about their birthday blogs, noting that Gabby's would mark the last one for this school year. At the time, it felt like it was so far away. 

Gabby is yet another person who always had a smile on her face. Seriously, she always was so pleasant and welcoming. She was a little bit on the quiet side, and I certainly am not complaining about that! We had more than our share of talkers this year. She brought a real sense of balance to the classroom.

She had to put up with being one of the more mature people in the class, working with some boys who could be a little, uh, boy-ish at times. Luckily she took it all in stride and kept being herself.

Today I'm sure Gabby went to Clay, found her locker, and her classes. She is the youngest of three, so she has watched her brother and sister go through it before, so she's ready for this.

I can tell you that when she makes new friends at Clay, they will be lucky to have her. She has a really bright future ahead of her, and she will be one of her teachers' favorite students.

Hope you had a great birthday, Gabby! And have a great school year. You definitely deserve it.

No comments: