Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Not On My Watch

This is just a parent FYI:

The devices and phones and iPods, etc., are getting to be a real problem here at school. I'm reporting this just minutes after dismissing the kids and hearing Mrs. Jackson tell everyone to put them away. I asked her why and she said she didn't like what she heard kids talking about while they were looking at them. It was too late for me to say anything about it at that point, but we will have a discussion regarding this tomorrow.

Just earlier today, I dealt with some online drama that went on last night and today here at school. I know this is--sadly--a part of the world that these kids are growing up in, but I don't like it going on at school while I am responsible for them.

Next year, the kids (as far as I know) are allowed to carry their phones around with them all day, text in the halls, and the whole cyber-bully universe is opened up wide and clear for them. But for a few more weeks, they are fifth graders. I am going to have to insist that they remain that way.

Sorry, but that's my "get off my lawn" speech for the day.

No comments: