Thursday, May 26, 2016

Free Association

Here are a few random thoughts I'm having while cleaning out the classroom, wiping down the boards, and finding little corners with random pencils without erasers and even a used tissue:
  • I never told the kids that I keep the blog up throughout the summer as long as I have people reading it. Especially don't forget to tune in on your birthday if you have a summer birthday. 
  • I'm having a good time putting up some of this artwork and pictures on the walls that I received at the end of the school year. It's looking really good, and it's pretty refreshing to see a little bit of a change to the classroom. 
  • You know that "Shut Up and Dance With Me" song? For some reason, it's played on hard rock stations and independent stations alike (X103 and WTTS respectively). It has no business on either, and yet it keeps creeping into the classroom while I'm working today. It sounds like it should have come out in 1988. It's like Rick Astley and Richard Marx are back somehow. 
  • Next year, I will have the kids assist with packing everything up at the end of the school year. So much junk to box up. 
  • Karate Mickey Mouse is really thankful to Mrs. Egger for sewing him up after a violent game of Silent Ball weakened the integrity of one of his leg joints. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful too, but Mickey himself is especially thankful. Jump-flying sidekicks are way easier for him now.
  • If anyone spots a "51" during your travels and activities and daily life this summer, I want you to send me the picture. I think Eli started something yesterday.

No comments: