Thursday, May 19, 2016

Battles Won






I have to admit that I took some pride in having beaten Mrs. Stemnock's class this year in the tug of war. I don't normally think of myself as a competitive person, but I guess I have at least a trace of it inside me, because yeah, it felt good to beat 5-2 in that today.

But above and beyond that, it felt great to have such a beautiful day to share with my class and their parents. I seriously need to email Mr. Z and tell him that today was the best Track and Field Day that I have experienced in my fifteen years. I've heard that sentiment echoed by several other teachers throughout the building. I have to say that mine was made even better by having such an incredible class of students. They didn't go overboard with the competitiveness, but it wasn't absent either. My favorite line from today was from when another class accused 5-1 of cheating for some reason or another. The response from a 5-1 student? "The important thing is that you guys did a great job."

I'm going to miss them like crazy.

No comments: