Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Total Win For the Modern Era



This is a video we watched yesterday in class as a part of our 7 Habits discussion. It was supposed to be a part of the chapter called "Put First Things First", but the kids thought it went a little better with the chapter titled "Be Proactive: You're In Charge." I can definitely see that.

After watching this, my class was ready to open up a bike repair shop of their own. 

My favorite part about this video is the way this girl has taken charge of her own life at such a young age. She speaks with authority and conviction, because she has earned it.

As Steve Hartman says here, this is a lesson that many kids haven't learned yet. I would add that I know adults who haven't learned this either, and I'm sure you do too. But not the kids in this video--I think it would be fun to see what kind of adults they will become.

No comments: