Sunday, August 16, 2015

In Between Now And Then

On Friday, we had the very first session of a grand tradition in the 5-1 classroom--we sang out on the last afternoon of the week. Each year, I play a certain rock song, and everybody sings along. Unfortunately, we don't have a YouTube version of the song with the lyrics in a sing-along fashion, so the kids had to read the lyrics off of a piece of paper while I played the song on the CD player. I did put out an email to former 5-1 student Luke Belcher, who did one up for the year he was in my class. I'm hoping to get a sing-along version up on YouTube before long, so the kids will be able to look up while they sing it. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I don't know enough about computers to know how to do that. I'm sure there's an app or something.

What song, you ask? It's a little ditty called Road Outside Columbus by the band O.A.R:



This week, we will get into a groove, hopefully, for spelling, math, etc. It's a little tricky right now, because honestly, it feels like I've been with these kids forever (a common thing among the other fifth grade teachers, even), and I often forget that they don't exactly know what to do when I tell them simply to line up at the door after lunch or to take a restroom break.

I hope to see everyone at Meet the Teacher Night on Tuesday from 6:30-7:15. Until then, have a great start to your week!

No comments: