Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Pretty Good Use Of Time

Today we had the first day of our NWEA testing, and the most of the kids found it to be pretty difficult. I told them not to worry about it, and I am happy to say that after last year's testing, most of them really weren't worried about it. As one girl said, "It's not about how much you know already; it's about how much you need to learn." I couldn't think of a better way to put it.

Homework for tomorrow is:
  • study for the continents and oceans quiz
  • meaning exercise for spelling (either a sentence that gives me a sense of the word's meaning or an illustration that shows what the word means) 
  • MY math class has Study Link 1.5
Later on, I will post some pictures from our first time in the Makerspace today. It was pretty cool, and I would say that almost all of my students used their time wisely. We had people drawing and drafting and tinkering and engineering all over the room. For the small fraction that weren't quite as productive, we will have a class conversation before next week's trip across the hall.

It was great to see so many of you out last night for Meet the Teacher Night. Thanks for coming. I can think of a couple things I forgot to say, but I will deal with those things in the next couple days' worth of posts. Nothing that is urgent right now.

Have a good evening, and keep your eyes peeled for some pictures.

No comments: