Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ballplayers and Dancers and Artists and Poets

Here at the end of day two in 5-1, I was just talking with the other fifth grade teachers. We can't believe this is only the second day, in a good way. It feels like we've been with these kids for much longer than just since yesterday. I hope they are coming home excited about learning and what we've been doing in class.

It was great today to see the kids' Bio Bags and learn more about each of them. Yesterday all they did was listen to me talk, and today it was fun for me to listen to them talk for a change.

We continued reading in the Genius Files, we did a GCL (ask your child what that is), we wrote in our journals, and we did our safety rotations with Mrs. Davis, Mr. Hunter, and Mrs. Calvert.

Tomorrow the kids should bring in photographs or magazines or anything that they want to decorate the outside of their journals with in class.

That's just about it for now. I hope everybody has a great evening, and I'll see you all soon.

No comments: