Friday, August 28, 2015

Crowded Skies Above

Aaagggh! I totally forgot to hand out the bookmarks today for this next week. I will hand them out on Monday and they can have them signed retro-actively if they do any reading over the weekend (which they should!).

We began our day with a visit from Mrs. Davis, who read a book to our class that tied in with the 7 Habits. It was all about "sharpening your saw" by spending some time in your favorite place or getting away from your homework and school life. I actually remember Mrs. Davis giving me some similar advice a few years ago, and it's amazing what a difference it made.


This is my class today trying their hardest to look tough. There is also a picture of them smiling, but several of them were blocked out in the process. Anyway, I love that so many of them seem to have a hard time trying to look mean. 


I want to extend a super-huge thank you to Mr. Craig Anderson, who made our video on YouTube so we could sing at the end of today without having to read the words off of a piece of paper. Thanks also to Mrs. Moriarity who has offered to make one in case we ever need a back-up. You guys are lifesavers, and the kids appreciate it as much as I do.

I'll be in touch before Monday to let you know what's up for next week. As for this week, I hope everyone had a good one and will have a great weekend! And be brave, Brooks!

No comments: