Monday, August 17, 2015

Changes In Latitude

I'm not exactly what you would call a Parrothead, but I couldn't help using that title. We reviewed latitude and longitude today in Social Studies, and I was pretty impressed by what the kids already knew. Tomorrow, we will do another activity where the students will be trying to locate specific places on the map using coordinates.

In Reading, we read a story about a girl who moved from Mexico to California, and then I read the kids a story about a child who lives next to a retirement home and we discussed character development.

Last but not least, in Math, we studied stem and leaf plots pretty comprehensively. Study Link 1.3 is due tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I really hope to see everyone here tomorrow night for Meet the Teacher Night. See you then!

No comments: