Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pay It Forward

The kids have a little bit of homework tonight:
  1. 3x each for spelling
  2. Write their reader's response in their writing journals. They have glued their questions in the front and back of their journals. I told them there is no need to answer all of the questions, but I did tell them to answer at least one or two questions, and of course I want a five-to-eight-sentence paragraph journal entry in total. 
  3. Read for 20 minutes.
  4. My math class needs to do Math Boxes 1.7.
In math class, we did a lot of work today--we did Study Link 1.6 in class, we did a Math Box fill-in page to be graded, we reviewed one confusing Math Box from last night's homework, and then last but not least, we did a review on that doggone long division with decimals.

In my homeroom, we were equally busy today. We did some vocabulary work, I explained how I wanted them to do their readers' response in their journals, we did a GCL, worked in their Crab Books, and lastly we did some discussion over a few things that deal with our 7 Habits, mainly Think Win-Win and Synergize. I was incredibly pleased with how well the kids actually did "synergize" (remember when that was called using teamwork?) on some new ideas for new traditions laid down by this class for the present and future of 5-1. Hey, it wasn't my idea, but I thought they were great ideas once they thought of it. We may have to look into some of those ideas in the near future.

Today was a day where I bit off more than I could chew, but at least I can say that we had plenty to do all day.

No comments: