Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Always We Begin Again

We had a great first day in 5-1 today, and it was fun to see so many new faces.

I told the class earlier today that last year I had almost all returning families in 5-1. This year I have very few, but that just means I get to know more and more of you.

Make sure and ask your child about the following:
  • being proactive and making good choices
  • the Genius Files book we read from
  • and one fact that they learned about me today.
Tomorrow I hope to find out a lot more about them. Their one assignment for tomorrow is to bring in their Bio Bag. A Bio Bag is bag that contains three items that will tell the rest of the class something about them. My hope is that they can share these tomorrow with the rest of the class and that we will have good listeners as well.

I look forward to seeing everybody back tomorrow, and to my sixth graders, I hope you had an awesome first day over at Clay. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Carter,
Grace got off the bus after the first day and didn't stop talking about the great day she had. She probably chatted for at least an hour...and then continued throughout the evening on and off. She had a GREAT first day! Thanks Mr. Carter:)

Jeff said...

Awesome. I hope her second day was just as good.

Craig A. said...

I am still disturbed that my child is being taught by a Reds fan. I hope Luke bringing in his mini Anthony Rizzo doesn't work against him!

All joking aside, Luke thinks your class is awesome.

Jeff said...

Don't worry! I still have a 170-something days to turn that mini Rizzo into a mini Votto! :)

And thanks, Luke is pretty awesome too.