Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Suns' Rays

Happy Birthday to Qaliya! I hope your birthday was a fantastic one. You deserve it!

I talked to the kids about our upcoming trip to Biztown today, and then after school, I realized that the "intent to run" forms are due on THURSDAY. That means I will send them home tomorrow, but they are due back the very next day. I guess maybe that will show who is really serious about it, huh?

Just a quick story that I love. Gotta love geek humor. Last week, the class was doing a worksheet to see if they knew where to put the apostrophe in singular and plural possessive nouns. The sentence was, "The suns rays were hot." Students had to put the apostrophe in the right place. A student raised his hand and asked, "Is this on Tatooine? Because if it is, then that would be a plural 'suns'."

His gears were turning, and nothing makes a teacher (let alone a geek teacher) happier.


No comments: