Thursday, November 14, 2013

Monday Morning in America






























This is very late coming, but I now that I actually have a chance to catch my breath, I want to give a huge thank you to my class for how well they honored the veterans of the United States on Monday morning. It could not have been easy coming in on a Monday morning, having your lines memorized, and delivering them in front of the entire school, families, and so many veterans of war.

The kids deserve to feel proud of the job they did, and so do you. I know I do.

When we got back to the classroom that day, we had the honor of meeting Nick C.'s great-grandfather, Mr. Cye Zwirn, who flew in World War II. At the age of 90, he can still captivate a classroom with old war stories like no one else. It was great for the kids to hear first hand about life in those days and his adventures in securing our freedom.

After that, Katelyn C. brought in memorabilia from her grandfather's time in World War II as well. We had a great time looking through those artifacts as well as hearing her share what she had learned while going through his collection of things from WWII.

It was a good day to be in 5-1.

No comments: