Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Greatest Spectrum in Racing

 It certainly was fun to see so many familiar faces at the Woodbrook Color Run yesterday morning. It was a really beautiful day for a run, and we had a huge turnout. I'd definitely say it was bigger than last year's, when we had over 200 participants.

 I was even able to pin down a few of the runners from 5-1 (past and present) for some photo-ops.

Here is a before-shot of the biggest smile in 5-1, Miss Lydia. 

Miss Emily and Miss Annie were there running as well, and even though he is taller than I remember, it was also great to see Matthew, Emily's 5-1 alum brother. 

These guys are still pretty clean at this point. (5-1's own Ty, on the left, showed up for his second Color Run--be here next year too, okay, buddy?)

Clearly a post-race shot of Evan (2013-2014), who actually got this red from being a powder-thrower, not from running in the race. A lot of my red is thanks to Evan!

 As you can see, Lydia took her shots while she was on the run.

 
Here is a squeaky-clean picture of Colton--he didn't stay that way for long.

Here is a rare shot of the elusive Nico. He turned his head when I tried to take his picture, but I'm putting it on here anyway. Vengeance will be mine, Nico. 





Thank you, Mrs. Harrington, for this shot of yours truly--I believe this one was during the race. 

It was an unexpected pleasure to see old 5-1 member Andrew Chen (2010-2011) yesterday. Andrew said, "Mr. Carter, you look a lot different. And your voice is a lot deeper, too." Evidently, I've gone through puberty since he was in my 5th grade class. 

It's almost your birthday, Jake Follman! You already look like a birthday cake. 

I wasn't quite sure this was our own Casey until I called out his name and he came over. He looks a little different here than normal. 

Two 5-1 alums, Jake Paris (2012-2013) and Justin Carlton (2008-2009?) were there yesterday. I saw Jake and asked him to run with me--I had one lap to go. I found out later that he had already finished; he was just being nice to an old man. At least we had a chance to get caught up.


If you can see through the colored dust in the air, these guys made it through the race just fine.

I'm sorry for everyone whose picture I didn't get. I saw so many old and current faces--Lara (and her family), Trey (Colton's brother--who is much taller than I remember--taller than me, he pointed out), Caleb, Maria (and mom), Hannah, Reese (and his parents), Jakob, Erik, Will, and Alex to name just a few.

Great way to start out the day. If you didn't make it this year, you are all obviously invited back for next year, no matter how old or young.

No comments: