Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Can't Believe They're Already Gone



A huge thank you goes out to Craig Anderson--an awesome dad who didn't even have a child in my class this year!--as well as his awesome son, Reed, who was in my class last year. They came over one day last week to film my class singing their classic Friday song, just like he did last year.

I loved this class more than you can imagine. It didn't take long for us all go gel into one big family. Each class takes on its own personality, and this group was no different.

My familiarity with this group as a whole really made the start of the school year easy for me. As I was telling one student today, I think that's why I had such a hard time letting go of these guys. The beginning with almost all of these students started years ago--from the time they were born, to kindergarten, to First Grade Buddies, to Math last year, to the beginning of the school year. I only had a few to get to know at the beginning of the year, really, and that just made it all that much easier to get to know this group of kids. It also made it that much harder to say goodbye.

It seriously only felt like one semester.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the video! Looks like a great group!

Jeff said...

They are a great group! They will be really hard to forget.

tiffany said...

That was so awesome!! I absolutely loved that video! Is there any way to get a copy of this? Such a wonderful momento of this year!

Jeff said...

Let me look into it.

tiffany said...

Great, thanks!!