Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Like Something That Seeks Its Level


Well, tonight at Mellow Mushroom didn't turn out the way I thought it would, but I would never have called it a total bust. I was supposed to have been a "celebrity" pizza dough tosser, but it turned out that Woodbrook brought in way too much business, and they couldn't afford to slow down and teach me the proper way to toss dough. I got to help Chase and Jake R. greet people at the door, and I have to say that I was really impressed with how professionally they both attended to people.

I got to see some familiar faces around there tonight, and not only from Woodbrook, as it turned out. From WB, I got to see Charlie W., Jake F., Mrs. Davis, the Flemings (from first grade buddies), and Drake, in addition to Chase and Jake R.

But then I recognized a familiar face--Sarah Wright, who was a little kid when I worked at Camp Tecumseh many years ago. She was the camp executive director's daughter. She was there meeting up with a bunch of other girls from camp, one of which was Regan's (and Griffin's) cousin.

It was kind of a surreal evening, actually.

No comments: