Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Show That Lid Who's Boss

Just in case anyone accidentally forgot it today, here's a copy of the Social Studies study guide for the chapter 5 test on Friday:



1.            Tell why explorers were looking for the Northwest Passage.
2.            Explain why so many American Indians died from contagious disease.
3.            Why did Spain want a shorter route to the East Indies?
4.            Tell what makes a colony different from just a regular settlement?
5.            What was Juan Ponce de Leon looking for?
6.            Whom did Hernan Cortes fight against?
7.            What land was explored by Francisco Coronado?
8.            What river was explored by Robert de LaSalle?
9.            What was the first European settlement in what is now the United States?
10.          Why would the Spanish want to attack Fort Caroline?
11.          Know who the conquistadors were.

 I'm working hard to keep the lid down on the boiler pot this week! I think we're all ready for a break. The kids are really close to getting their movie party on Friday. Let's hope they can pull it off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am gonna try and try for that movie party!!!!!!!!!! by the way this is colin

RubyGrace said...

Hi mr. Carter I just pulled my super wigglly tooth now I have a giant gap in my mouth because my tooth right beside my tooth I just pulled has never came in after I got that one pulled at the dentist ( it actually did not hurt ). see you !

RubyGRACE said...

Hi mr. Carter I just pulled my super wigglly tooth now I have a giant gap in my mouth because my tooth right beside my tooth I just pulled has never came in after I got that one pulled at the dentist ( it actually did not hurt ). see you !

Isabella R White said...

wow ruby grace you finnaly pulled that tooth out (relief) haha that's a spelling word

Anonymous said...

movie party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):



PAIGE