Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Infinite Zero

We finished up our work for Biztown today, at least as far as shop work goes. The kids have web designs, logos, slogans, payroll sheets, and more. Now we just have to do our checkbooks and prepare for next Wednesday's big trip.

We've also had a lesson on linking verbs. I was really happy that my students got this so well. I saw some lights going on in some heads while we worked on this at first yesterday, and then some more today.

In our book, The Genius Files, today, the McDonald family made a stop in their RV at the Pez Museum in Burlingame, CA. We were pretty excited to find out that it's a real place. We had some fun looking through the different Pez dispensers on that site. I loved the Kiss Pez dispensers. As I told the kids, there's just something hilarious about the thought of eating candy that came out of Gene Simmons's throat.

We spent quite a bit of time writing this afternoon. It was neat to see them writing for the joy of it. Okay, with maybe a little prodding from me. 

While of course I'd prefer that the kids were able to look up at the actual night sky tonight and look at the moon once again, if cloud cover or home positioning doesn't allow such viewings, they can click right here, and check out what they see and draw that in their Solar System books.

 

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening.

No comments: