Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Uncertain Process

The make-up Math test is tomorrow. I think I've talked the kids into taking their time and doing this one up right. We did some review today and the kids seem primed and ready to go.

Today in reading we talked about the different kinds of ovens. Yes, I'm being serious, but it's also not quite as boring as it might sound. I've heard about some culinary experimentation in your own homes. Tomorrow we will be discussing photo essays.

We also listed many "abstract nouns" on the board, which weren't quite as hard as they thought at first. Instead of happy, which is an adjective, we came up with happiness for the noun form.

In class, we've been working on taking notes in Social Studies. This is an idea that I'm trying to weave into the kids' consciousness. It won't be perfect by the end of the school year, but it will happen, and I want to get the groundwork laid down while they're in fifth grade.

Have a great Tuesday evening, and I'll see the kids bright and early in the morning.

No comments: