Sunday, September 9, 2012

Five Things You Need to Know This Week

  1. If you are a parent and you are interested in going to SPICE with us next week, please let me know! Send me an email at jcarter1@ccs.k12.in.us. We would love to have you.
  2. We want to welcome Miss Lauren Pitz into our 5-1 family! Lauren is a high school student and cadet teacher who will be spending every other morning or so here at Woodbrook in our classroom. Lauren's two brothers are members of the 5-1 family as well, both having undergone the personal turmoil of being in my class within the past few years. I told her that she is going to love this class, and we can't wait to welcome her to the family.
  3. While we won't be prepared yet for a Math test on Friday (perhaps a quiz), we will be having a Theme Test for Reading on Friday, and there will also be a spelling test that same day. Next week, we will likely have another Caesar's English quiz, because it will technically be a shortened academic week because of the SPICE Challenge field trip.
  4. Look for the kids to bring home another writing assignment from the reading book and some homework to do for Social Studies. We will be making our own Lakota Winter Counts, which are artistic autobiographies of sorts.
  5. I can use some parent volunteers for some upcoming projects and just some classroom helpers, especially toward the end of the week. Let me know if you're interested in coming in and helping out. I talked to a few of you about this at Meet the Teacher Night, so I will try to email you soon.

1 comment:

Luke Belcher said...

Do you still have my teeth? Just curious.