Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And Wash the Rain Away

We had a really good day today. I'm really happy with how well the kids have stepped right into our Daily 5 routine. I've enjoyed the chance to get to meet with the reading groups and the reading conferences in the morning. In Math, we retook the test from last Friday. I'm expecting some better scores this time around--I saw many students wisely taking their time and checking their work for the little mistakes that can throw the whole problem off the rails.

Tomorrow night the kids will have a writing assignment based on a response to the reading book. They should have both home with them that night. Miss Lauren will be coming in tomorrow and I'm going to have her read the story with the kids and then they will complete the assignment at home.

Hope everyone stayed dry today--dry and awake. There is something tiring about days like this.

No comments: