Monday, September 24, 2012

The Path of Most Resistance

It's going to be a busy week around here.

That having been said, we will not be having Theme 3 test on Friday--right now I have that scheduled for next Tuesday. The only test I have planned for Friday is in Spelling. Here is the list:

envelope
insect
kitchen
laundry
novel
orchard
pollution
raccoon
village
voyage
plateau
rhythm

My Math class will be having a re-test on Wednesday. The scores came back not so good on this last one. With only a few exceptions, everyone will have to retake it. The good news is that everyone, for the most part, didn't do well on only one section. The bad news is that everyone seemed to choose a different section not to do well on. I will break the class into focus groups today as we try to nail down what went wrong.

One more thing: I forgot to give the kids their bookmarks on Friday before they left. I am giving those to the kids today, so of course it is okay to sign those retroactively if they read over the weekend. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Carter,

I wanted to say "Hi"! I miss being in your class, but have to say I REALLY like middle school too!

Hope you are having fun...I have to send you my stop action movies if you want to see them once the editing process is done.

Vaughn N.

Jeff said...

Glad you're having a good year, Vaughn! Tell everyone I said hi.

I'd love to see those movies.

luke belcher said...

i am in your class
my initials are L B
Luke
Belcher!!!!!!!!

harry said...

hi luke
hi mr.carter
i am harry

Anonymous said...

paige is here to save the day!

Anonymous said...

tee hee


bobby

Luke Belcher said...

That wasn't me on the third I would of went like this. And are do you really think I wouldn't Cap my name?



-Luke Belcher

BetterThanYouBelcher said...

And my initals are LEB




-Luke Belcher