Monday, September 10, 2012

Pretty Good Shape for the Shape We're In

So sorry I didn't post earlier today. We had a staff meeting, and then I was already late to tutor someone--so it didn't happen. Enough "dog ate my homework" excuses--here's what I need to say today:
  • I gave the kids a little bit of time to get their Spelling done in class today, but not all that much. They should have had that tonight.
  • For Math, I apologize that we are starting to get a little behind the Mr. Carter schedule, but we're still not behind the rest of the fifth grade. Otter Creek took a little bit longer to get started than I thought today. That and the Math Boxes papers...those were a little time consuming as well. Back on track tomorrow, I say!
  • Thanks for sending your things in for SPICE. I know I've had some volunteers send me an email to go...you are more than welcome. I will email you back tomorrow.
  • The kids had fun getting to know Miss Lauren today, our high school cadet teacher. We're going to have a lot of fun working with her in our classroom over the fall semester. She's a great girl--very cool legacy to the 5-1 family, as I said yesterday, and not to mention that she has been recruited with a full ride to Georgia Tech in the fall to play volleyball.

More tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great day.

No comments: