Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Occupy Woodbrook

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the late posting tonight, but I was unable to update this blog at school today because of the blocker. I need to talk to whoever the computer guru in charge is and get this blog unblocked. I need to convince the computer people that this isn't one of those blogs that is urging anyone to "Occupy" anything, evidently.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fun afternoon/evening at Clay Middle School today. I told the kids today that I know a few of the teachers over there, and I'm happy to know that at least my students will be in good hands next year.

The kids are getting used to getting their research materials and using them to take notes onto one note card at a time. I'm enjoying watching the students get into their materials and learning all about their topic. Remember: We have a long way to go. This whole process is going to take about ten more weeks, so there is no need to rush things just yet.

We got a lot crammed into today, including in my Math class. I love days like this--days where I had fun teaching and we got a whole lot of stuff taught and done. More tomorrow.

No comments: