Monday, January 30, 2012

Fibonacci Sequencing

The following message is for my Math class only! First of all, I want to profoundly apologize that it has taken so long for your children to get a few quizzes back. It's not for lack of having them graded; it's just that there is never a regular time to hand them back. Anyway, that's no excuse, because I clearly need to create that time in my class during the day.

Second of all, we need to do some heavier review on Venn diagrams, evidently. We also need to do a heartier redux on the tree diagrams for probability. These are the parts of the test that was planned for tomorrow, but now I am going to go with either Wednesday or Thursday, depending on their apparent grasp on the material. I don't want to rush them through it, especially since after chapter 7, there are only three chapters left! Needless to say, we have wiggle room to make sure the kids are ready for the sixth grade (seventh grade) Math class. Miss Mellinger did a great job of getting these guys through without missing a day on the lessons, so now we will have plenty of time at the end of the year to go back and see what we need to take another look at and clean up .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool numbers that come from nature! I just spoke to Winter about this two weeks ago as this was the topic of the week in my CCU match class which I am currently taking. It's awsome to show kids that college classes and elementary classes tie together. Keep up the great work Mr Carter!
Mrs. Owens

Jeff said...

I love telling my students about my favorite college professors. I'm not sure whether that's because that's the first time I was ever captivated by education or what. :)